We all like to have potatoes as a side dish to be served alongside our main meals. But, are they really healthy?
Well, generally every food can be healthy if taken properly and effectively. Just you need to know the important facts about each and every food to make the right choices.
6 Amazing Facts On Potatoes
Here are 6 amazing facts on potatoes you should know for healthy eating:
1. Throughout America, potatoes are the most popular vegetable, even being ahead of other well-known vegetables such as lettuce and onions. You can cook potatoes in a variety of ways, and they are included in 1 out of 3 meals eaten by almost all Americans. When they are prepared in a healthy way, a potato can be an excellent source of energy and also pack a nutritional punch.
2. Like oranges, potatoes are very high in vitamin C. The fact is, one medium potato contains up to 45% of the vitamin C which is recommended for good health.
3. Potatoes are also high in fiber and carbohydrates and contain more potassium than a banana.
4. A potato is naturally low in calories and contains no fat, sodium, or cholesterol. The skins of the potatoes provide a helpful dose of fiber, iron, potassium, calcium, zinc, phosphorus, and several B vitamins.
5. You can prepare potatoes by boiling them, steaming them, or even roasting them. If at all possible, you should avoid putting potatoes in the refrigerator or freezing them, as cold will turn the potato starch to sugar and cause them to turn dark when they are cooked.
6. When you store potatoes, keep them in a cool, dark place. Too much light will cause them to turn green. You can store them in the basement if you have one, as the basement is the best place to keep potatoes.
From mashed potatoes to baked potatoes, a potato is something we all know and love. They serve many different tasty foods, and they provide our bodies with plenty of healthful benefits. We all eat potatoes, some of us even grow our own. Whether you grow yours or buy them, the potato is the one vegetable that makes everything just a little bit better.
However, try to consume potato in a limited and controlled manner. This food still contain carbohydrates which we want to set boundaries on its consumption.
What Would You Do?
Potato has been in our diet for thousands years and cannot be totally omitted from our meals. The smarter way is to have a balance in potato consumption for a healthier life. What would you do if you wanted to exclude it completely? Would you be able to find a better alternative?
All the Best,
To Get Rid of Your Boring Diet and Burn Fat Faster
Download your FREE report right now!